Trop Ice Pops
Created by Leslie J. Bonci , MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN
Retained Medical Advisor+ (biography click here)
Ice pops are such a fun food that can be a great way to cool down after a hard workout. However, most ice pops are high in carbs with no protein. These Trop Ice Pops are only 56 calories, with 4 grams of protein. Have two and you get 8 grams of protein, 260 milligrams of potassium, 100 milligrams of calcium, and a serving of fruit. You can change up the juice, fruit and milk as well. If you choose dairy milk instead of almond milk, each Trop Ice Pop will give you 5 grams of protein.
YIELD: 6 servings
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Klean Isolate™, vanilla flavor
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze until set.
Per Serving: Calories: 56; Total Carbohydrate: 10 grams; Fiber: 0.8 grams; Protein: 3.85 grams; Fat: .31 grams; Sugar: 6.65 grams; Calcium: 50 mg.; Potassium: 132 mg.
+Our medical advisors are retained consultants for Klean Athlete.