Created by Leslie J. Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN+
(biography click here)
These Klean Prumpkins are the perfect flavor-packed, bite-sized holiday treat to keep you fueled on your quest for peak performance.
YIELD: 42 (3.5 dozen)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sugar: ½ cup white and ½ cup brown
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 ⅔ cups whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup Klean Isolate, unflavored
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, orange peel, eggs and orange juice.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Place paper muffin cups in muffin tins. Fill ⅔ of the way with batter.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrient Content per Serving: Calories: 102; Carbohydrate: 13.1 g; Fiber: 1.5 g; Protein: 3.3 g; Fats: 4.1 g; Sugars: 6.9 g; Potassium: 71 mg.
+Leslie Bonci is a retained consultant for Klean Athlete.