Created by Leslie J. Bonci , MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN
Retained Medical Advisor+ (biography click here)
Sauces offer a great opportunity to boost the protein content of your meal by adding a little whey. Mole sauce is a wonderful mix of tomato, smoky and cocoa flavors. Take it to the next level by adding unflavored whey protein to the produce, for a fabulous boost to meat dishes or an even bigger bonus for plant-based proteins such as beans. Try Pro-Mole on a black bean burger to bring the pow and the wow!
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (28) oz can plum tomatoes, drained well
- 2 TSBP unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ scoop KLEAN Isolate™
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Saute onion in oil until golden, add tomatoes, KLEAN Isolate™, cocoa and spices and stir well, breaking up the tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.Serve over chicken, pork, or tofu.
Per Serving: Calories: 107; Carbohydrate: 14 grams; Fiber: 3.1 grams; Protein: 5.05 grams; Fat: 3.9 grams; Sugar: 6.85 grams; Calcium: 45 mg.; Potassium: 494 mg.
+Our medical experts have been retained as consultants in advising Klean Athlete. They are compensated for this service.