Created by Leslie J. Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN+
(biography click here)
Sometimes when we train we have strain. So to help us recover and replete so we can get out there to practice and compete it makes sense to think about what we eat. Jello is easy to eat, but not the best choice to help your body recover and replenish. But adding in KLEAN Collagen + C as well as KLEAN Hydration supply the carbs, protein, electrolytes, vitamin C and collagen to help you strategize your intake and optimize your performance.‡
YIELD: 16 cups- a serving = 2 cups
*To get the 15 grams of collagen you would need to have 8 cups or 4 servings
- 1 11.5 oz bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 16 ounce bottle pomegranate juice
- 2 scoops of KLEAN Collagen + C
- 1 scoop of KLEAN Hydration
- 2 1 oz packets of unflavored gelatin
- Pour 2 cups of juice into a bowl. Sprinkle the KLEAN Hydration, KLEAN Collagen + C, and 2 packets of gelatin over the juice and let sit for 5 minutes to soften.
- Heat the remaining juice in a pan until it comes to a boil.
- Pour the hot juice into the bowl and stir to combine and dissolve the gelatin.
- Pour into individual 2 ounce mini cups and refrigerate several hours until firm.
Nutrient Content per Serving: Calories: 87; Carbohydrate: 18 g; Sugar: 16 g; Fat : 0 g; Protein: 4 g; Collagen: 3.74 g; Sodium: 32 mg; Potassium: 148 mg; Vitamin C: 14 mg.
+Leslie Bonci is a retained advisor for Klean Athlete.