Klean Gazpacho: Protein, Produce & Taste!
Created by Leslie J. Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN+
(biography click here)
As the temperature rises athletes and active people need to pay extra attention to their fluids. And sometimes when it is hot and humid, appetite may not be great resulting in suboptimal fuel in the glass, bowl or plate. If you don’t feel like cooking or grilling but know you still need to get your protein and produce- why not a 2 for 2 with flavor to savor? This easy gazpacho delivers on protein, produce and taste and with a blender, you can make it in haste and incorporates Klean Hydration to help replace carbs and electrolytes as well as Klean Isolate for the protein. PLUS- 2 servings of veggies. So why not go savory instead of sweet for a post workout recovery treat?‡
YIELD: Four- 1 cup servings
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 5.5 oz can vegetable juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ small red onion, peeled, chopped
- ⅓ of cucumber (skin on), chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, seeded, chopped
- 3 basil leaves, torn
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 scoop Klean Hydration powder
- 1 scoop Klean Isolate
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse until thoroughly mixed and pureed. If desired before serving, top with small cubes of avocado, cucumbers, red onion and pepper.
Nutrient Content per Serving: Calories: 166; Carbohydrate: 19.05 g; Fiber: 2.7 g; Sugar: 11.1 g; Fat : 6.9 g; Protein: 7 g; Sodium: 487 mg; Potassium: 653 mg.
+Leslie Bonci is a retained advisor for Klean Athlete.