Klean Delight Bites
Created by Leslie J. Bonci , MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN
Retained Medical Advisor+ (biography click here)
Sometimes you just want something sweet, right? Most sweets are high in sugar and fat with little or no protein. These no-bake bites are packed with flavor, provide 4 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber, and are chewy, crunchy and delicious. They also freeze beautifully and can be used for workouts or an end-of-day petit treat. Bon Appetit!
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup dried plum bits
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dry oats
- 1 cup Crispy rice cereal
- 1 scoop KLEAN Isolate™, natural chocolate flavor
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl , combine almonds, dried plum bits, oats, KLEAN Isolate™ and Crispy rice cereal. Mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine almond butter, chocolate chips, honey, cinnamon and orange peel. Microwave on HIGH for 90 seconds or until bubbling. Remove from microwave, stir well and add to dry ingredients. Mix until well blended. Roll into balls. Can freeze to set or eat right away.
Nutrient Content per Bite: Calories: 130; Carbohydrate: 16 grams; Fiber: 2.17 grams; Protein: 4 grams; Fat: 5 grams; Sugar: 9.8 grams; Calcium: 31 mg.; Potassium: 125 mg.
+Leslie J. Bonci has been retained as a medical consultant in advising Klean Athlete.